Managing Director - Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services
New York, NY /
ATS - Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services /
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles” for the fourth consecutive year and named as one of Inc. 5000’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2018.”
- This Managing Director position will be primarily responsible for leading a department of professionals to assist clients with the implementation of the new revenue recognition (ASC 606) and lease accounting (ASC 842) standards. In this role, the Managing Director is charged with managing all aspects of Accounting and Transaction Advisory services, ensuring all engagements achieve projected/forecasted engagement metrics and identifying and pursuing opportunities to broaden the services and client base of the Accounting and Transaction Advisory service line.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution. CPA, Chartered Accountant and/or CIA/CISA certification required. Master's or MBA degree in finance, business, engineering, economics or related field also highly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to advise clients on complex technical accounting issues.
- Deep experience researching and resolving complex accounting issues while balancing client preferred solutions within the confines of the US GAAP structure.
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements.
- Ability to generate new business through the cultivation of existing relationships as well as the development of new relationships through various efforts.
- Ability to cross-sell other firm services within Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services, Compliance and Risk Advisory Services, Information Technology Advisory Services, etc.
- Ability to execute and operate in high-pressure and fast-paced environments.
- Ability to quickly adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the day to day aspects of staffing, client relationships and projects.
- Demonstrated record of leadership and effective management in a growing professional services organization.
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.