Accounting Analyst - Insurance
Any US - remote /
G&A – Finance /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About The Role
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations and financial reporting for all of our insurance activity. This role is on the Finance team and works closely with Customer Success, Engineering, and Product teams to ensure policy data is complete, accurate, and timely. Success in this role requires collaboration and communication along with the ability to navigate monthly close activities. All while keeping a keen eye on efficiency improvement and developing and maintaining key controls.
- Accurate and timely Bordereau and Account Currents/data feed submissions to carrier partners and other internal and external stakeholders
- Reconciling data between internal systems: Netsuite, Internal Platform, Looker, Salesforce, etc.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies on a daily basis
- Create remittance reporting for distribution and internal processing
- Carrier discrepancy logs: researching, following up, organizing, and communication to successful and timely resolution of issues
- Process necessary edits in client documentation, policy adjustments/edits, endorsements, cancellations, etc (team assists in processing)
- Notice of Cancellations and related collections efforts (team assists in processing)
- Collaborate with Finance and other leadership on other ad hoc insurance specific reporting
- Drive efficiency improvement while managing the month-end close and financial reporting for the account current transactions
- Develop and implement key controls
- Support the audit of the consolidated and insurance specific financial data/statements.
- Contribute on critical finance team projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close efficiency and management reporting.
- Mentor, guide and review the work of other supporting team members across departments
- Review reinsurance contracts/agreements and apply parameters to accounting of transactions; ensure all recorded transactions are in-line with the reinsurance contract
- Communicate with Brokers and Agencies as necessary
- US insurance knowledge; Experience in the insurance industry is a pre-requisite; Prior MGA / Agency / InsurTech experience strongly preferred
- Bordereau management/data feed experience preferred
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with excel and google drive
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Comfortable in a quickly changing and dynamic environment
- Takes pride in delivering high-quality client service outcomes and satisfaction
- Self-confident with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high transaction volume environments
- Self-motivated, highly organized, positive, and able to focus on delivering high-quality and timely results for projects and assignments
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.