Provo, UT or Remote - US /
G&A – Finance /
Coalition's mission is to solve cyber risk. We provide cyber security tools and up to $15M of insurance coverage to help businesses remain resilient in the face of pervasive and dynamic cyber and technological risks. Our cyber risk management platform encompasses insurance, threat intelligence, patch and vulnerability scanning, DDoS mitigation, ransomware protection, and more. Coalition’s team of engineers, security researchers, incident responders, and insurance personnel protect over 10,000 organizations (and growing) before, during, and after cyber incidents. Our insurance products are backed by Swiss Re, one of the world’s largest (re)insurers, Lloyds of London, and Argo Group. We are based in San Francisco, although you'll find some of our team in more exotic places.
If you enjoy solving problems at scale (with lots riding on it), we hope you'll consider joining us.
About the Role
Exciting full cycle accounting role for a talented individual with a growth mindset who wants to join a lean yet mighty team in a dynamic company. You should be passionate about details, setting and meeting deadlines, customer service, follow-up, teamwork, and understand urgency around a monthly close. Great opportunity to learn all aspects of financial statement creation and reporting, as well as other items that fall under the Controller team’s umbrella.
- Full cycle accounting transaction processing
- Review payroll processing data, produce and book payroll journal entries
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts, bank reconciliations, and provide monthly close deliverables as assigned
- Subsidiary operating transaction processing
- Credit Card program maintenance, compliance, coding, syncing, reconciling
- Month-end variance analysis and related schedules/reporting; business reporting reconciliation and remittances
- AP entry and related internal and external communications, ensuring all items are coded accurately
- Maintain vendor contract database
- Expense report processing and reporting
- Validate data and create customer invoices, communicate internally and externally
- Book daily customer receipts and conduct variance investigations
- Insurance business accounting, reconciliation, reporting, and discrepancy investigation
- Consistently and accurately update and maintain data used for team reporting
- Contribute to improving, documenting, and automating accounting processes
- Perform one-off projects and analysis as assigned
- Growth mentality, self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Customer service mindset; this role works closely with internal and external stakeholders
- A high level of independence, accountability, teamwork, good judgment and attention to detail in a fast-paced & rapidly changing environment
- Anticipates problems and meets deadlines
- Eager to take on new tasks
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Proficiency in ERP Systems (NetSuite preferred), intermediate Excel skills, and familiarity with online banking systems, bill.com, and expensify (or similar)
- 3-5 years of experience in a full cycle accounting role
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.