San Francisco, CA /
G&A – Special Projects /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the role
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of tactical and strategic projects that are critical to the operations and long term growth of Coalition. Examples include determining areas of investment and resource allocation; assisting on carrier management and increasing capacity; working with a cross functional team to bring new innovations to market; assisting in future financings and investment rounds; corporate development and M&A activities; and basically every other operational effort to help grow our business. You will work across all areas and teams in the company.
Accordingly, we are looking for a highly talented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment to join our team. Candidates should have excelled in a start-up environment or demonstrated top quartile performance in a management consulting, investment banking, hedge fund, or private equity environment. We are looking for a proactive individual who takes ownership over initiatives and drives execution with limited oversight.
- Lead complex and time-critical projects by quickly understanding context and developing an analytical framework that leads to a prioritized approach for resolution
- Synthesize data to identify KPIs and trends that translate into actionable insights
- Execute advanced analytics / modeling (e.g., bottoms-up operating models, pricing)
- Drive market research and analyses
- Help diligence, negotiate, and execute transactions (e. g., vendors, partners, M&A)
- Effectively collaborate and communicate results and insights with cross-functional teams
- Bachelors degree. MBAs and those with advanced degrees are welcome to apply too.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management abilities combined with impeccable business judgment. Experience executing strategic and operational initiatives
- Experience developing complex analytical models in spreadsheets and using presentation software to facilitate communication with senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial, and value points with partners and internal Coalition teams
- Self-directed and self-motivated; excellent communicator and collaborator
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.