Lifecycle Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Growth – Growth /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the role:
Coalition is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manger to develop lifecycle communication strategies and optimize our marketing for improved acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention. The ideal candidate is a marketing technology expert who can define for Coalition the optimal suite of lifecycle marketing applications and tools to support our customer journeys and can lead partners in marketing, engineering, product, and analytics in the prioritization and execution of our lifecylce marketing roadmap. This person will be responsible for leveraging that marketing technology to enable a personalized, relevant, and dynamic customer experience through email, site, and customer service.
- Develop and lead execution of our lifecylce strategy across email and site
- Oversee development of communications strategies and a tactical communications calendar to achieve business objectives
- Continuously optimize timing, frequency, cadence, and type of communication at the individual member level and priority segment level to deliver strong channel performance and robust business results.
- Lead partners in product, engineering, marketing, and analytics in defining and sequencing the LSM tools and applications that are necessary for Coalition’s success, including marketing automation and campaign management, data integration, and more.
- Create a strong A/B test practice around our member contact strategy and recommend and help champion new analytics, models, and research to continuously improve marketing effectiveness.
- Work closely with the analytics, customer service, and marketing teams to understand member behaviors, needs, and preferences, and share actionable insights.
- Lead and coach a team of marketers for higher performance and achievement.
- Stay well ahead on marketing technology as well as digital and consumer trends and contribute new innovative, breakthrough ideas towards the growth of the company.
- 4+ years in lifecycle marketing including marketing technology and lifecycle planning, with deep experience in email
- Prior experience developing and applying customer segmentation, preferred
- Outstanding results orientation with a consistent track record in driving business impact
- Strong ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights about the customer, the channel, and the business
- Proven ability to develop strategy AND execute day-to-day tactics
- Management experience leading, challenging, and coaching a team of marketers for high performance
- Outstanding work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Comfort with change in a fast-paced startup environment
- 3+ years experience working directly with ESPs (Iterable, Braze, etc.), comfortable with data pipelines and architecture, targeting, multi-step workflows, QA, and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.