Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Any US or Canada - remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the Role:
We are looking for quality engineers with 3+ years of test automation experience. In this role, you will look holistically across our architecture to help us design and develop scalable test infrastructure and tools to enable developers to efficiently test their changes and assure that the product overall corresponds with business requirements. You will work closely with the product team to understand the business flows of the complex and nuanced insurance industry that will help you to drive automated tests based on the acceptance criteria.
You will have a chance to learn and apply modern software testing methods and approaches such as Consumer Driven Contract Testing, various mocking techniques, and service virtualization.
- B.S. Computer Science and 3+ years of experience in quality engineering and test automation
- Passionate about quality and quality-focused technologies for software
- Experience with backend and front-end test automation frameworks
- Proficient programming skills with Python, Golang, Java, Scala or TypeScript
- A high level of curiosity and critical thinking
- An understanding of the importance of both the engineering and business context in a technical ecosystem
- Experience testing distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with CI tools and best practices
- Experience in testing distributed systems using Consumer-Driven Contract Testing
- Experience developing mocking mechanisms for isolated testing
- Experience in testing event-driven architectures
- Experience with Docker and Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of performance/load testing methodologies and tools
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with behavioral testing and use of behavior driven test frameworks
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.