Europe - Remote /
Product – Product Management /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the role
As a Product Manager at Coalition, you will own one of the company's strategic product areas and have material impact on business outcomes. You'll identify key problems we tackle, get feedback from key stakeholders, prioritize features to plan a roadmap, and work across the company to build innovative solutions. A great product manager thinks creatively, empathizes with their customers, and deeply understands the domain. You'll be balancing different perspectives, making thoughtful decisions on trade-offs, and helping us build the right products for the right user at the right time.
That’s true for any product manager role at our company.
What’s unique about this role? You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team focused on bringing Coalition into new markets, since the problem of cyber risk is global. You will identify the opportunities and specific quirks (commercial and regulatory) of each market, and you’re excited about adapting a proven product to be successful in a new locale (maybe you’ve done it before). Additionally, you’re ready to innovate on improving the core services and adding new capabilities which may be used elsewhere.
Our insurance platform serves as the foundation for underwriting, modeling, pricing, quote and policy issuance, billing, and the renewal process for our growing book of business. The platform requires flexibility for new products, geographies, and channels, all while operating smoothly in a regulated environment with multiple customers: policyholders, brokers, and different internal roles. We need you to lead projects that expand our capabilities for all customers.
We expect a balance of constant incremental improvement with appetite for larger opportunities. When you find foundational things that need attention, you’re willing to fix the root issue and invest in projects that benefit the company long term. You’ll manage your roadmap in a clear, consistent manner, and help everyone understand what success looks like.
We're growing quickly, so there is considerable opportunity to scale responsibility with the company’s success.
- At least 7 years of experience building software products and services, especially SaaS
- Solid track record taking ideas (yours and others) all the way to customer benefit
- Ability to deliver products working with an agile engineering organization
- Deep understanding of the capabilities of modern cloud-based technologies
- Measured success in delivering on company goals
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth demands and rewards flexibility
- Ability to lead independently, through influence and acumen
- Project management experience that spans multiple teams
- Excellent communication skills, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and push for team success
- Trusted by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Experience with the business of insurance, or related regulated financial products
- Real-world experience with cybersecurity, playing defense, offense, or both
- Additional written/spoken languages beyond English
- Computer science or Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) background
- Engaging writing for an outside audience: maybe a company or personal blog, maybe instructional material to help drive adoption of your product
- For this role, specifically, we are focused on hiring in the United Kingdom. Generally, we are a distributed company, using Slack, Confluence, Git, Google Suite, and more for development and communication.
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.