Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Denver, CO - remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
At Coalition, we bring together cyber tools, data, and deep security expertise to help customers solve cyber risk. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies, and that number is growing fast.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote) who has the experience, ability, and mental fortitude to instrument and monitor the breadth of our full platform stack (hosts, applications, and performance). In this role you will work closely with our engineering and information security teams to enhance the automated system provisioning and deployment subsystems within codified infrastructure. You will work with developers to create more robust and scalable services independent of cloud implementations. You will help to isolate, trap, and respond from the inevitability of system failure and develop strategies for continuous monitoring and analysis to reduce both downtime and required manual intervention. You will participate in On-Call rotation to maintain platform SLAs.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- 5+ years of combined experience in SRE/DevOps or Software Development roles in a full stack engineering environment
- Experience soliciting systems requirements, designing, and implementing new platform components leveraging infrastructure or SaaS services.
- Must have experience with a customer facing production environment using containerization and orchestration tools such as ECS, Kubernetes, or Swarm
- Experience working with fault tolerance services and the iterative development of highly-available systems
- Experience with running a production environment in one or more Infrastructure as a Service cloud providers (AWS/Azure/DigitalOcean/Google Cloud)
- Solid development experience in Python and GO for bot scripting and product development purposes or other scripting and systems languages
- Some knowledge of software engineering design patterns, agile development, and architecture principles.
- Prior experience with full-stack monitoring from system level metrics to SLOs, failure-based testing approaches, and monitoring strategies
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines to accelerate deployments and improve both security and auditability (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, or CircleCI)
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Mentor junior engineers in SRE best practices and software engineering
- Experience working in an agile methodology development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with converting monolithic applications to microservices and service discovery technology
- Experience automating system provisioning, configuration, and Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Exposure to systems security requirements, information assurance techniques, and system hardening
- Exposure to Kafka, AMQP, Kinesis, job queue and other pub/sub queuing systems
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.