Engineering Manager - Growth
Any US - remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the role:
Coalition is looking for a proven leader that can build a team that owns integrations, tooling and analytics for growth initiatives. You are a perfect fit for the role if you have a track record of building and managing a growth engineering team that handles all aspects of growth campaigns and experiments. This job is a hands-on management role and will challenge your data analytics and front end development skills, along with your leadership abilities. As the first position in Growth Engineering, the successful candidate will be involved in building out their team.
This role reports into the Engineering department.
- Hire and inspire a highly effective growth engineering team
- Work closely with the growth and product teams to explore and define Growth OKRs. Be a true partner in roadmap planning and prioritization.
- Support the growth team with hands-on individual contributions
- Develop data pipelines and tooling to support growth initiatives
- Work with the engineering teams to implement and measure growth experiments
- Generate consumer insights to identify shortcomings and to create new experiences working closely with product.
- Evangelize the adoption of experimentation best practices across the entire company.
- Work with the Data team on the development of predictive models for things like churn and cross product adoption.
- Partner with the growth team to understand member behaviors, needs, and preferences, establishing consistent tracking, KPIs, dashboards and share actionable insights.
- Work closely with engineering teams to identify and address tracking, tooling and infrastructure challenges
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a quantitative discipline, (Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, etc.)
- 4+ years of increasingly responsible experience in customer analytics leadership roles, preferably within a high-growth environment
- Proven leadership skills recruiting, mentoring and leading high performing organizations, including managing engineers
- Exceptional problem solving, and analysis skills combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization
- Proven ability to define, track, and communicate KPIs related to growth and engagement
- Deep understanding of A/B testing and experimentation; experience with designing, analyzing A/B tests, and driving a test-driven culture across engineering, product and growth teams
- Solid understanding of the tools used in growth engineering including ETL technologies, data visualization and reporting systems, and analytics tracking techniques
- Expertise with data manipulation technologies and languages such as SQL, R, Python
- Expertise with modern front-end development frameworks, preferably React
- Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations for business audiences
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly know what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity
- Data visualization experience with any of the following tools: Looker, Amplitude, Tableau, R/Python packages etc.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS or other cloud-hosted platforms relevant to growth engineering
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.