San Francisco, CA /
G&A – Finance /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About The Role:
We are seeking an experienced Compliance Officer to support the growth of our insurance business. This individual will oversee Coalition’s internal and regulatory compliance programs, and will develop, implement, and maintain policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure the company adheres to the requirements of all applicable laws and regulations, industry standards, and risk management practices. This role will support and advise finance, operations, insurance, and technology business partners in the evaluation and development of effective compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements. A successful candidate must have outstanding communication and leadership skills, anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and manage a wide range of projects.
- Establish, implement, and manage compliance policies, procedures, and monitoring throughout the organization to ensure that the compliance program is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting non-compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory developments, and interpret and apply them across Coalition’s business
- Provide guidance to management and employees on ethics, business conduct, and compliance matters including the development and oversight of compliance training programs
- Oversee and implement testing programs to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls; develop periodic reporting on test results
- Own corporate-wide compliance metrics and utilize data to support testing efforts and risk assessment
- Oversee third-party examinations and audits; ensure that information requests from insurance carrier partners, auditors, and regulators are completed accurately and on-time
- 7+ years of insurance experience, with extensive background in a compliance, risk management or legal role, preferably with an MGA or insurance carrier in property and casualty insurance
- Significant experience with initiating, developing, implementing and maintaining written policies and written procedures, testing and risk assessment programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance laws and regulations, risk management controls, internal control processes, as well as experience overseeing internal and external audits
- Experience in driving compliance and operational controls applicable to economic sanctions, anti-money laundering, privacy, conflicts of interest, code of conduct, anti-corruption, anti-trust, anti-boycott, insider trading and records management
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner
- Ability to think and act strategically and tactically, multi-task, follow through on projects in a timely manner, and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) are a plus
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.