United States /
Product – Design /
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it’s no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That’s why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to design features and experiences that meet our users’ needs. You will create interfaces and workflows to enhance the user experience for internal and external customers.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs with empathy — and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and UI design is essential.
We’re looking for someone who can collaborate as well as take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into user flows and prototypes.
- Find creative ways to solve usability problems
- Provide clean, modern visual designs for UI
- While following brand guidelines, help expand our visual language into the product
- Develop task flows, wireframes, and prototypes around customer needs
- Collaborate with UX and Visual Designers to create attractive, intuitive, user-friendly software
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects with the ability to manage your own time
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design or a similar discipline related to understanding users
- 3+ years experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, Product Designer or similar role
- Strong understanding of user interface and interaction design best practices
- Excellent visual design skills - demonstrating a clean, modern, friendly aesthetic
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in product design software (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Invision, Balsamiq)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS; Experience working with front-end developers
- B2B product development
- Designing tools that ease a user’s daily workflow
- Working in a fast-paced start-up environment
Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition Closes $205 Million Series E, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.