Software Engineering Manager
United States /
Engineering – Engineering /
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 42,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. and our distributed team works collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the role
As a Software Engineering Manager at Coalition, you will own important parts of our product stack throughout the full software lifecycle. You will be a coach and mentor for the engineers on your team and focus on enabling them to perform at their best.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- Drive the end-to-end delivery of high quality software to create value for our broker and policyholder customers
- Own the growth of engineering staff members and drive hiring for your team
- Work with stakeholders across the company to help incorporate company goals and initiatives into the team’s backlog
- Work with Product Managers on a longer-term roadmap and vision for your space as well as break down requirements during implementation
- Make Coalition a better place by taking on the unseen, unforeseen and important items that come up along the way
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science or Engineering degree - related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least 1-2 years of engineering management experience - It’s not the years that count, it’s what you do with them
- Production experience with distributed cloud-native systems
- Experience working with managing remote and distributed teams
- Proficiency managing with agile software development practices
- Bonus points - Prior fintech or insuretech experience
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition Closes $205 Million Series E, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.