Software Engineering Manager
Any US - remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
At Coalition, we bring together cyber tools, data, and deep security expertise to help customers solve cyber risk. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies, and that number is growing fast.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Coalition, you will own important parts of our product stack throughout the full software lifecycle. You will be a coach and mentor for the engineers on your team and focus on enabling them to perform at their best.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- Drive the end-to-end delivery of high quality software to create value for our broker and policyholder customers.
- Own the growth of engineering staff members and drive hiring for your team.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to help incorporate company goals and initiatives into the team’s backlog.
- Work with Product Managers on a longer-term roadmap and vision for your space as well as break down requirements during implementation.
- Make Coalition a better place by taking on the unseen, unforeseen, and important items that come up along the way.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- It’s not the years that count, it’s what you do with them but we guess you’d likely have at least 1-2 years of engineering management experience
- Production experience with distributed cloud-native systems
- Experience working with managing remote, distributed teams
- Proficiency managing with agile software development practices
- (Bonus points!) Prior fintech or insuretech experience
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.