Site Reliability Engineer
Portugal - remote /
Engineering – Customer Security /
At Coalition, we bring together cyber tools, data, and deep security expertise to help customers solve cyber risk. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies, and that number is growing fast.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote) who has the experience, ability, and mental fortitude to instrument and monitor the breadth of our full platform stack (hosts, applications, and performance). In this role you will work closely with our engineering and information security teams to enhance the automated system provisioning and deployment subsystems within codified infrastructure. You will work with developers to create more robust and scalable services independent of cloud implementations. You will help to isolate, trap, and respond from the inevitability of system failure and develop strategies for continuous monitoring and analysis to reduce both downtime and required manual intervention. You will participate in On-Call rotation to maintain platform SLAs.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (across multiple providers) and bare metal with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- Ensuring performance, responsiveness, scalability, and automation. Help us iterate faster and run smoothly.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure scalable and automated services
- Automate & Automate
- Review work done by other engineers
- Research, learn, and improve a large scale scanning and data processing platform
- You are located in Portugal
- 4-5 years experience
- Experience with Distributed Systems Architectures
- Experience with Cloud Providers, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Digital Ocean
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Message Queues & Streaming platforms
- Good knowledge with Linux Systems (We don't use Windows Servers)
- Experience with Source Control Systems, e.g. Git
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools, e.g. Ansible
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Building CI/CD Pipeline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.