Senior Backend Engineer (Security and Collections)
Any US or Canada - remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About The Role
Our BinaryEdge subsidiary is focused on acquiring, analyzing and classifying internet wide data by combining efforts in the areas of Cybersecurity, Data science and Machine learning. We show organizations what they are exposing on the web. Our clients use this data to secure their networks and determine what vulnerabilities they are exposing to possible hacker attacks.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the BinaryEdge engineering team and to work on our distributed data collection platform. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness across the platform. Additionally you will work closely with our product design team. This role comes with a significant amount of autonomy and responsibility. You should enjoy the challenge of building large, scalable infrastructure / components from the ground up.
- Write REST APIs on the back-end, and consuming them on the front-end
- Write back-end integrations with third-party services to aggregate data and process data
- Systems and data engineering - due to the large amounts of data we collect, speed and efficiency are perpetual concerns for our multi-worker architecture
- Review work done by other engineersPartner closely with the product design team
- Be part of a remote team
- 4+ years experience
- Proficient in distributed systems architectures and implementation
- Python and one or more of its web server frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django)
- Unit and end-to-end testing
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and data modeling
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal (English)
- Experience with Cloud Services
- Experience with Golang service best practices for concurrent designs
- Experience with deployment automation and scalable infrastructure
- Understanding of HTTP / REST security concepts, including common vulnerabilities
- Solid technical skills in both information security architecture and penetration testing
- Knowledge on distributed processing systems like Spark, Storm, Kafka
- Experience in scraping
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.