Full Stack Software Engineer - Growth (Contract)
Istanbul - Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
Coalition’s Insurance and Cybersecurity offerings come together to provide a comprehensive shield from cyber risk. We believe the task of locking down every system and keeping up with every vulnerability is challenging and while being proactive is important, it’s not enough because breaches and other compromises happen, even to the vigilant.
While we proactively help our customers understand active risks and shut them down, when all else fails, we are there for them financially and with services to help mitigate damage and come back stronger after an incident.
Help us protect the world against cyber risk and give business owners a trusted support system and fighting chance.
We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity, and no a-holes. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
About the Role:
Our Growth Team is looking for an entrepreneurial and self-driven full stack web developer. This person will directly impact Coalition’s business success at the intersection of four key domains - Growth, Product, Marketing and Sales. As a full stack engineer on this team, you will identify opportunities and build features to improve how we acquire, onboard, activate and retain brokers at scale. You'll be deeply involved in all aspects of product development across our website.
- Design and implement user experiences and systems which add value to our brokers and policyholders and drive impact on key business metrics
- Build and launch growth experiments to validate hypotheses and measure the impact
- Derive insights from data analytics and user research reports and brainstorm ideas with the team
- Work with designers and product managers to prioritize features and ship to production
- Write and maintain quality code
- Work collaboratively with a distributed and remote team
- Develop high quality software solutions by collaborating with product manager, architect, developers and testers
- Apply software engineering best practices to increase the reliability of our software and maintainability of our code base.
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding standard methodologies
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in computer science or engineering
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Demonstrable experience with Python and relevant associated libraries
- Expertise with modern front-end development frameworks, preferably React
- Experience in implementing SQL and NoSQL database strategies using PostgreSQL/DynamoDB/Redis etc.
- Proficiency in writing high quality, scalable, reliable and maintainable code that may be used by many other engineers
- Experience with unit testing and Git/Github
- Strong interpersonal and ownership
- Good communication skills, including written and spoken English
- Product and user experience intuition. Passion for understanding what drives successful products and brainstorming creative product ideas to increase growth
- Passion for building projects that have a direct and measurable impact on core business metrics
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Coalition is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.