Any US - remote /
Insurance – Business Development /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, and Canada.
About The Role
Business Development at Coalition is about creating and maintaining relationships with our brokerage partners and customers. We are looking for seasoned sales professionals in Boston or New York to help us develop and empower the success of our partners by matching Coalition’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities with a broker’s business goals.
- Develop new agency relationships from inbound leads and strategic outreach
- Identify target agencies for new outbound campaigns
- Meet target quota of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, and closed business.
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results
- Manage all post-sales activities for Coalition’s broker partners through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning, and execution
- Own the ultimate responsibility for brokers’ satisfaction with Coalition’s services
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions (insurance and technology) and speak with brokers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Identify risks to the brokers achieving their stated business goals and work to resolve
- Monitor performance and identify trends in Coalition adoption and utilization and provide guidance to brokers as part of their periodic Success Review
- Minimum of 2-4 years of previous experience selling commercial insurance
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Current P&C (property & casualty) license
- Familiarity with Cyber Liability and Technology E&O (errors & omissions) insurance
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.