Provo, UT /
G&A – Finance /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the Role:
Exciting entry level accounting role for a talented individual with a growth mindset who wants to join a lean yet mighty team in a dynamic company. You should be passionate about details, setting and meeting deadlines, customer service, follow-up, teamwork, and understand urgency around a monthly close. Great opportunity to learn all aspects of financial statement creation and reporting, as well as other items that fall under the Controller team’s umbrella.
- Validate data and create customer invoices, communicate internally and externally
- Book daily customer receipts and conduct variance investigations
- AP entry and related internal and external communications, ensuring all items are coded accurately
- Consistently and accurately update and maintain data used for reporting
- Prepare month-end reporting for partners
- Reconcile reporting and troubleshoot errors
- Contribute to improving, documenting, and automating accounting processes
- Perform one-off projects and analysis as assigned
- Growth mentality, self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Customer service mindset; this role works closely with internal and external stakeholders
- A high level of accountability, teamwork and attention to detail in a fast-paced & rapidly changing environment
- Anticipates problems and meets deadlines
- Eager to take on new tasks
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Prefer some proficiency in ERP Systems (QBO, NetSuite), Bill.com, and Expensify (or similar)
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.