Site Reliability Engineer (Data Clusters)
Any US or Canada - remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
Coalition’s Insurance and Cybersecurity offerings come together to provide a comprehensive shield from cyber risk. We believe the task of locking down every system and keeping up with every vulnerability is challenging and while being proactive is important, it’s not enough because breaches and other compromises happen, even to the vigilant.
While we proactively help our customers understand active risks and shut them down, when all else fails, we are there for them financially and with services to help mitigate damage and come back stronger after an incident.
Help us protect the world against cyber risk and give business owners a trusted support system and fighting chance.
We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity, and no a-holes. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
About the Role:
You will be an SRE as part of the Data Collection team inside Coalition. You will work with a remote team made up of data engineers, scientists and other SREs. Your role will primarily be focused on optimization of large data clusters that store our internet collection platform data.
- You will be responsible for big data clusters of our internet data collection platform
- Fine tuning and performance optimization of big data clusters
- You have proven skills in designing, developing and delivering HA scalable production systems.
- You have strong experience designing and managing multi-tenant database solutions (Elasticsearch and Cassandra)
- You have deep knowledge of configuration management software, preferably Terraform.
- You have solid experience with cloud environments AWS, Azure, GCP
- You are comfortable with developing software in Go or Python
- You know how network services (DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP) and network fundamentals (routing, firewalls, IPv4,IPv6,)
- You are confident in your knowledge with load balancers (nginx, HAProxy)
- You have strong operational skills and are an expert in bash scripting
- Experience with other cloud providers: OVH, Linode, Digital OceanExperience with HadoopExperience with bare metal installations
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.