Associate Risk Engineer (Underwriter) - Eastern US
United States /
Insurance – Risk Engineering [Underwriting] /
Coalition is on a mission to provide security for all. Our cybersecurity and risk management platform brings together insurance, threat intelligence expertise, and cybersecurity tools to help our customers remain resilient to cyber threats. Together we are centered around one goal: harnessing the power of technology with the safety of insurance to provide the first holistic solution to solve cyber risk.
Our teams not only work to prevent security failures, but we help organizations mitigate and recover from incidents when they occur. Our approach is catching on. Coalition currently has more than 130,000 customers who have insured over $12 billion of their risk. Our distributed teams work collaboratively across North America and Europe.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by remaining true to our founding values. That’s why we are proud to be named one of Inc’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the role
Risk Engineering at Coalition is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. We are looking for a cyber and technology E&O underwriter to work remotely to help us use Coalition’s best ideas and unique capabilities to profitably grow our business.
This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere in the Eastern US.
- Analytically research policyholders and risks as needed
- Eloquently manage relationships with insurance brokers to negotiate pricing, coverages and other terms
- Create new and maintain current processes for renewal business to meet our customer service standards
- Actively participate in determining our approach to emerging threats, loss trends, marketplace changes and other trends in cyber and technology risks
- Keep an avid pulse on cyber and technology marketplaces and trends in the industry
- Easily identify areas where our unique capabilities provide us with a competitive advantage and build out processes that support these
- Partner with Customer Success and Engineering teams to continually improve our technology and broker experiences
- Work alongside the Business Development team to support their goals and strengthen partnerships with brokers
- Collaborate with Security Engineers to review cyber and tech E&O accounts for risk acceptability
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience underwriting cyber and technology E&O
- Experience handling a high volume of business
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition Closes $205 Million Series E, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider At More Than $3.5 Billion
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.