San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Data Science /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the role:
The Coalition engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Data Engineers to work with the various data sources utilized in our business. The ideal candidate would have experience working with data engineering, data analysis, and statistical modeling, in the development of a real-time service. They would have experience working with structured and unstructured data systems, optimizing performance across large, disparate data sets, and streaming data systems. They would be a proficient developer who can deliver production-quality implementations.
This is a versatile role that will touch many aspects of data at Coalition, including network security data, actuarial data, and growth analytics data.
- Implement risk models for various insurance products
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement data pipelines for a variety of data sources used at Coalition
- Deliver production-quality software implementations for ETL and streaming pipelines
- Explore new data sources and develop insights into existing data sources that improve business efficiency
- 3+ years working with large disparate data sets
- Deep understanding of ETL pipelines, statistical modeling, data analytics, and large scale data streaming
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL, Python, R, or similar language used for data engineering
- A proven track record of successfully automating business value from data insights
- Experience with at least one big data search tool, such as Elastic
- Excellent oral and written communications skills at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Prior experience with insurance or network security technologies
- In-depth knowledge of AWS or other cloud-hosted platforms relevant to data engineering
- Experience with data visualization technologies
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.