Senior Technical IR Analyst
Any US - remote /
Incident Response – Incident Response /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the role
Our team is comprised of bright minds across many cybersecurity domains, with expertise in Incident Response, Threat Intelligence, Security Architecture, Cyber Risk Management, Security Strategy, Controls, Compliance, and Governance. As an Incident Responder your mandate is to protect our customers from loss.
As a part of the Coalition Incident Response team you will find yourself investigating data breaches to include ransomware and business email compromise, analyzing log data at scale, conducting malware analysis, and building infrastructure to support these efforts. Work closely with incident responders to identify indicators of compromise and assisting with root cause analysis. You will need to be a self-starter and have an analytical mindset to support our blue team objectives during client engagements. We are still building so you need to be able to pitch in with growth tasks as needed, don’t worry we have your back!
- Quickly assess, mitigate and support containment of identified threats, and weaknesses using defined processes and methodologies, assisting clients with the same.
- Mentor & Coach junior talent for seamless knowledge transfer and building of a talent pipeline
- Collaborate with teams from across Coalition to improve operational effectiveness, contributing to our goal of Solving Cyber Risk.
- Support and manage cyber investigations and contribute to large and small scale computer incidents.
- Review and analyse cyber threats and vulnerabilities and provide SME support
- Build tools, and/or identify vendor tools and/or perform PoCs to assess the tools effectiveness to support client IR engagements
- Provide Technical support on coordinated responses and subsequent remediation of security incidents
- Convey Cybersecurity concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, or other relevant subjects. 8+ years experience in cyber security can be used as a substitute
- Minimum of 5+ years with log analysis, malware reverse engineering and memory analysis in support of incident response and/or digital forensics engagements
- Minimum of 2 years experience in building and deploying tools in a cloud first environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Identify trends and patterns in activity through acquisition and/or analysis of forensic digital images and/or artifacts
- Demonstrated expert understanding of the lifecycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis and network/security applications, including log and network traffic capture analysis.
- Experience with Volatility, ELK, WireShark, Rekall, Ghidra, FlareVM or other open source log analysis/network/memory/malware analysis tools.
- Familiarity with EDR tools like CrowdStrike Falcon, Carbon Black, Sentinel One, Velociraptor, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written).
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms, and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of scripting for development of security tools and industry frameworks is helpful (Python, Powershell, bash, etc.).
- SCADA/Control systems network experience a plus.
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases: https://news.crunchbase.com/news/coalition-secures-90m-series-c-at-890m-valuation-to-grow-cyber-insurance-platform/https://www.forbes.com/sites/amyfeldman/2020/05/28/next-billion-dollar-startups-2020/
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.