Any US - remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
At Coalition, we bring together cyber tools, data, and deep security expertise to help customers solve cyber risk. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies, and that number is growing fast.
As the Director of Engineering responsible for our cyber insurance platform, you will own the future evolution of that platform as we look to the future. To help the world solve cyber risk, we need to scale for new customers, carriers, geographies, and even new lines of insurance. You will be a leader of leaders, coaching and mentoring engineering managers and senior engineers to bring the best out of their teams. You will maintain high standards across the full software lifecycle and drive that bar higher with continuous innovation.
We are a human centric organization that is building for the long-term. We celebrate diversity and work hard to build a culture that is inclusive for all. Our culture is built around humility, purpose, authenticity, and responsibility. We have embraced distributed and remote work and our engineering teams are clustered in California, Washington, Colorado, Texas, and Virginia,
Our core platform is written mostly in Python and Go and runs in Amazon Web Services. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for an experienced leader that has managed software engineering successfully at scale.
- Drive the end-to-end delivery of high quality software across our cyber insurance platform to create value for our broker and policyholder customers.
- Own longer-term technology strategy and planning. Connect these longer-term plans to the day-to-day activities of your engineering teams within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Build a world-class team. Raise the bar while you meet hiring objectives and own the growth and development of your teams.
- Work with executive stakeholders across the company to help incorporate company goals and initiatives into the vision and plans for our core insurance platform.
- Make Coalition a better place by taking on the unseen, unforeseen, and important items that come up along the way.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of engineering management experience including time in a leader of leaders role
- Production experience with distributed cloud-native systems
- Experience working with managing remote, distributed teams
- Proficiency managing agile software development practices at scale
- (Bonus points!) Prior fintech or insuretech experience
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including San Francisco, Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.