Strategic Partnerships Lead
Any US - remote /
Insurance – Business Development /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the role:
The Partnerships role at Coalition is about building and maintaining relationships with strategic partners and their customers. In this role you would be leading and building partnerships with forward thinking organizations who are looking to integrate cyber insurance and cybersecurity into their products or marketplaces. We are looking for a seasoned professional who has experience forming large scale partnerships with large technology and SaaS companies, professional services organizations, financial institutions and payment processors, other insurance companies and alternative distribution partners, and other like-minded partners who would benefit from offering a solution for cyber risk to their customers. Coalition is already the preferred partner for many of the nation's largest professional associations, and one of the largest e-commerce platforms... come help us make Coalition's technology and insurance offerings even more ubiquitous.
- Open doors with key executives at strategic partners, and partner with Coalition executives to deliver compelling partnership opportunities
- Meet target quota of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, and closed business
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results
- Manage all post-sales activities for Coalition’s strategic partners including relationship building, product education and planning, and execution of partnership activities
- Own the ultimate outcome for partners’ satisfaction with Coalition’s products and services
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions (insurance and technology) and speak with partners about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Identify risks to our partners' achievement of their stated business goals, and offer resolutions
- Monitor performance and identify trends in Coalition adoption and utilization
- Minimum of 2-4 years of previous experience building strategic partnership programs with large corporations and intermediaries.
- Ability to travel and present Coalition's capabilities to strategic partners and potential customers.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Competitive, comfortable with financial goals.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Project management skills; experience coordinating with cross-functional teams and key executives
- Familiarity with insurance in general; with Cyber and Technology E&O (errors & omissions) insurance a plus
- Existing relationships with potential partners and alternative distribution sources.
- Familiarity with cyber security; a technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.