Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Marketing – Marketing /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top-tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented content marketer to join our team to craft and polish the words we use to define the benefits, features, and value of Coalition to multiple audiences. Regardless of the project, you’ll need to communicate complex topics clearly across our business, from cyber insurance to security data and everything in between.
We want someone who shows a real thirst for learning new things and exploring creative ways to build our brand and grow our customer base. You’ll have to find ways to empower brokers to sell more insurance while also finding ways to educate and reach policyholders.
We want a word lover who is looking for a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. This role will need to work closely with our in-house experts (security, engineering, underwriting, claims, design, etc.) to create compelling content. This means you’ll need to know how to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with a wide variety of personalities.
- Clearly communicate complex product features and benefits by taking a user-friendly approach
- Structure, write and edit copy for product launch materials—blog posts, white papers, marketing emails, presentations, landing pages, video scripts, and more
- Work on UX/UI writing, user education, sales enablement, and narrative development
- Understand the Coalition tone of voice and help us develop and maintain style guides for the entire company
- Develop content strategies and copywriting for non-product-related initiatives, including efforts targeted at specific audiences
- Help your colleagues at Coalition write better by providing tips, feedback, and review
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit who can work independently and run with ideas
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment - we are growing quickly!
- Interest and ability to learn technical concepts, vocabulary, and processes
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices, keyword research, and effective on-page SEO
- Familiar with inbound marketing and the value of creating great content and unforgettable experiences (branding, blog, social media, long- form assets, etc.)
- Comfortable working from a content calendar and ability to always meet strict deadlines
- Work cross functionally to create engaging content that makes us stand out from our competitors in the insurance industry
- A four-year degree in advertising, marketing, English, or related field
- 3+ years of content marketing or copywriting experience
- Excellent team collaboration and communication skills
- Proven track record of successful content projects (with examples)
- A portfolio of written work — please send writing samples
- Familiarity with business writing specific to insurance or cybersecurity
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- A real passion for insurance, cybersecurity, and helping small businesses
- Experience working with data and setting quarterly marketing goals
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Coalition is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.