Head of Marketing
San Francisco, CA /
Marketing – Marketing /
Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the Role:
Coalition is seeking a talented, strategic leader to develop and champion the Coalition positioning, brand vision, strategy, and story in the market. The position will oversee all aspects of Coalition marketing, including product marketing, brand-building and content production to support our insurance business; events strategy and execution; and all brand campaigns and communications. Success entails consistently driving brand awareness, familiarity, and attachment within our brokers and policyholders and with key constituencies like partners and press.
- Blends brand and deep product marketing experience
- Energized to transform the insurance industry via technology
- Passionate about B2B products and understands how to clearly communicate value proposition to drive user adoption and engagement
- Passionate about creating value for businesses and help product teams discover new products that will help acquire brokers and drive sales
- Has experience assessing market needs and conducting research to influence new product development, developing global launch plans to bring products and/or changes to the market, and identifying opportunities to improve existing products
- Has experience building and elevating a brand’s profile and reputation with different audiences including businesses, partners, employees, and press.
- Knows how to activate a brand’s story creatively and powerfully across different channels
- Analytical and prioritizes data and insights to understand how brand and content strategies are actually performing—and persistently optimizes and innovates to enhance performance.
- Analyze market needs and opportunities to shape product marketing strategy in partnership with product management, engineering and design teams
- Uniquely position and tell the Coalition story to different audiences (e.g., insurance partners, technology partners, SMBs and enterprise customers) and how to think about the potential impact of company decisions on Coalition brand management
- Deeply understand customer needs/requirements and product risk areas in order to prioritize recommendations to product, engineering, and design teams for new and existing products
- Own go-to-market strategy and collaborate cross-functionally to drive successful product launches. Support post-launch product adoption growth efforts
- Develop and oversee execution of innovative and impactful brand marketing initiatives, including public relations and events to elevate the Coalition mission and profile
- Collaborate with sales and product teams to develop and oversee execution of the Coalition content strategy (design, video, etc.) to support business and media objectives
- Establish performance objectives and measure the impact of marketing and public relations initiatives; continuously evolve and optimize our strategies to improve results.
- Lead and coach a creative, collaborative and high-performing team that takes smart risks and pushes the boundaries in brand storytelling
- 10+ years in product and brand marketing, with a proven track record in elevating and activating a brand’s mission and story and elevating a brand's presence and reputation
- Past successful experience in brand, product marketing, content marketing, and public relations
- Experience partnering closely with product management, product marketing and/or engineering to represent market/customer requirements and supporting product launches
- Strong relationships across business press
- Passion, creativity and expertise in corporate and brand storytelling plus activation
- Outstanding leadership, with the ability to envision new possibilities and develop big ideas grounded in a brand’s unique perspective
- Proven track record in managing product marketers, content marketers, and creative people (incl. graphic designers, writers/editors, video producers, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willing to be in the trenches with the team when needed
- Strong results orientation and data-driven approach
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We’re also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.