UX / Product Designer
Chicago, IL /
Technology – Platform Technology /
Be Part of Our Next Chapter
Want the stability of a nearly 60-year-old private global company with the excitement of a Chicago tech startup?
Want to work with some of the world’s biggest brands on the latest in restaurant technology?
If you’ve ordered in-store or in the drive-thru at McDonald’s somewhere in the world in the last few years, chances are you’ve interacted with our digital solutions. If you’re excited about pushing forward the newest and most innovative solutions in the industry, we’d love to have you join us!
UX / Product Designer
Are you an awesome software product/ux designer with years of professional experience?
Are you a great communicator who excels at collaboration and design review across teams?
Do you have a strong portfolio full of beautiful, usable experiences designed for all kinds of devices and contexts?
In this role you’ll work in our Product Development team, focused on building our cloud-based content management system, Switchboard™. You’ll work in an agile and incremental value delivery model, focusing on customer enablement and delivery through the creation of a product that enables localization, feature augmentation, support, and deployment at scale.
· As a Product Designer, your primary responsibilities are to:
· Develop product design concepts from complex sets of requirements
· Produce high-quality solutions through flow diagrams, graphic designs, storyboards and site maps
· Demonstrate exceptional quality, high fidelity wireframing skills - grounded in strategy and insights
· Develop solutions to user interface challenges
· Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering leads to drive solutions
· Employ design best practices across all deliverables and adhere to accessibility standards
· Understand the design research process, collaborate and support the Product Manager, to formalize design research into insights and ideas
· Collaborate with the Product Manager to drive the frameworks for success each project is measured by, and optimize to get the best results for our products
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
· Conduct user research
· Facilitate discovery workshops, document findings, and make recommendations
· Create story boards and wireframe customer journey
· Develop information architecture and interaction design artifacts, including wireframes, prototypes and visual design concepts
· Partner with stakeholders like Account Management, Product Managers, Engineering, Delivery, and Clients
· Create product manuals for internal and external clients
· Perform QA and peer reviews on UX & Design
· Collaborate with the wider Product team to produce design estimate
· Maintain design files to ensure efficient handover processes
SKILLS & QUALIFICIATIONS
Please apply even if you don't see yourself matching all the criteria here - we're more interested in passionate learners who have a ton of perseverance and determination, even if there's some skills listed below you haven't had the chance to encounter yet in your career.
· Significant experience working in a digital design role, especially if you've got experience in design for merchandizing
· Experience with UI design tools such as; Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
· Excellent working knowledge of design processes, methodologies and principles
· Excellent experience design skills and the ability to create artifacts, such as Information Architecture diagrams, Archetypes + Personas, Customer Journey Maps, User Flows, Scenarios, Wireframes and Prototypes, Usability testing scripts
· Experienced in Adobe's Creative Suite, particularly After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
· Experience with graphic design and outputting assets for the Web
· Experience with video editing and animation
· You are good at communicating and justifying your design decisions clearly.
· Understand the implications of your design decisions on development
· Have an understanding of responsive design.
· Experience conducting user research utilizing a wide range of methods to uncover user requirements and validate design
This is a great role for someone who is looking to elevate their career working with a great team for some incredible global clients on enormous projects. Can't wait to speak with you!
$105,000 - $111,000 a year
About Coates Group
Coates Group are tech industry leaders serving the QSR (Quick-Serve Restaurant) sector.
We make cutting-edge menus (inside and drive-thru) and digital signs that can be personalized to recognize the consumer, along with the software that powers them. We’re a vender of choice for some of the world’s leading brands.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, innovative, and creative. Our Chicago office is the hub for all our US operations, and a great spot for talented people to learn, grow, and thrive together.
Coates Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).