Senior Backend Engineer
San Mateo, CA /
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
You should be a generalist who loves diving into many different areas, learning new technologies, and wearing many different hats. Your goal will be to improve our backend code and infrastructure that supports our fleet of robots and our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Implement new backend features in Django to support our fleet of robots, our customers, and our internal human operators
- Mentor and coach other team members, and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Share responsibility for all areas of our backend - development, DevOps, security, and reliability
What you need:
- 3+ years of industry experience with Python and Django
- Familiarity with AWS technologies such as EC2, S3, and Elastic Beanstalk
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Exceptional coding, debugging, and architecture skills, with an eye for maintainability, reliability, and performance
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with networking and security
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Ansible
- Experience with robotics or IoT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.