Software Engineer - Robotics
San Mateo, CA
At Cobalt Robotics, we’ve merged hardware, software, people, and data to transform enterprise security services. Our autonomous indoor robots, managed by highly-trained remote Specialists, offer an innovative solution to address important security issues—consistently and accurately. We partner with businesses across every industry such as Yelp, Slack, and Briggs & Stratton, among others, to further the potential of human-robot interaction and create smarter, safer workplaces.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Bloomberg Beta and Sequoia. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to service. If you’re in search of a career with an organization that is driven to help robots and people work together, we may be the place for you.
We’re at the forefront of deploying robots to complex, unstructured environments! We’re solving new and exciting problems that are uncovered as we get robots out of the lab and into the real world. Using LIDAR, depth cameras, and computer vision that is powered by a top of the line processor and GPU, our robots autonomously patrol and map, detect security anomalies, and recharge their batteries.
- Develop safe and robust behaviors so the robot can handle real-world problems and interruptions
- Work on navigation, localization, and path planning algorithms so the robot can traverse across multiple floors and use elevators
- Productize and deploy these algorithms onto our robots and cloud infrastructure
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
- 3+ years of industry experience with Python
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working with mobile robots
- Previously shipped a product
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and tooling
- Experience with C++
- Previous experience in a startup environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.