Reserve Engineer (On-Call)
New York City /
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
We’re currently looking for a Reserve Engineer, a generalist who loves: hands-on problems and reasoning through difficult hardware issues, learning new technologies, and wearing many different hats. Your goal will be to ensure full operational capabilities of robots located in the greater NYC area. Through hands-on training with Cobalt engineers and remote technical support, you will be directly responsible for ensuring persistent
coverage of Cobalt robots in support of client safety and security. Adaptability and resourcefulness are key.
- Implement hardware training provided by Cobalt to serve as regional area technical support.
- Work directly with Cobalt engineers to ensure safe and quick recovery of robot capabilities.
- Familiar with hardware assembly and disassembly (tool kit will be provided)
- Ability to think through and troubleshoot hardware issues
- Engineering background preferred but experience can substitute on case by case basis
- Must have strong communication skills to work with engineers via phone
- Must be comfortable working alone with only phone and video support from team
- Experience with robotics
- Bachelor's degree with engineering background
- Experience in a startup environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.