San Mateo, CA or Remote /
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
The controller will be Cobalt’s primary finance business partner. This includes everything from financial modeling, long-term budgeting & planning, preparing for & managing external financial audits, accounting and bookkeeping, managing internal & external resources, and more. In short, you will be essential for ensuring Cobalt’s financial operations mature and scale to match Cobalt’s growth trajectory.
What you’ll do:
- Business partner working directly with the CEO for financial modeling & long-term budgeting.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Managing accounts payable & accounts receivable
- Setup & oversee financial audits
- Assist with procurement & supply chain management
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Ad Hoc Projects as assigned
What you need:
- 10 to 15 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, and/or business administration
- Big 4 experience and CPA preferred
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and the ability to apply these practically
- Previous experience in a fast-paced start-up, scale-up, or multinational environment is highly preferred
- Experience in hardware and inventory accounting
- Boldness and humility - the ability to communicate effortlessly in a cross-functional and multicultural environment
- Flexibility to switch between hands-on operations and strategic thinking
- Results-driven without taking shortcuts: integrity above everything
- Tech industry or startup experience
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.