Machine Learning Engineer
San Mateo, CA /
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
About the role: Our robots generate a mountain of data each day, containing valuable insights on possible security anomalies, facility anomalies, and robot performance. Your role will be to use ML and CV to allow our robots to detect anomalies in real time, such as people in unauthorized areas, water leaks on the ground, unusual sounds, overflowing trash cans, and anything else unusual that a human security guard would notice. The ability to rapidly prototype new features using off-the-shelf models and classical tools will be key. Each of our robots has a powerful Nvidia GPU onboard to do analysis, even in limited bandwidth environments.
What you’ll do:
- Quickly apply and fine-tune off-the-shelf ML models to new problems, doing your own training and testing
- Design systems to collect and clean training data, leveraging our staff of human operators who assist the robots
- Work with our robotics team to productionize your models and deploy them onto our fleet of robots.
What you need:
- BA / BS in Computer Science, Math, or a related field
- 1+ year or internship experience working on Machine Learning in industry
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of both neural networks and traditional ML techniques
- Experience with a ML framework such as Keras, PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Have worked in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience with robotics, including LIDAR or depth camera data
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.