San Mateo, CA /
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
About the role:
We are looking for a contract Assembly Technician to join our fast-paced team to help define the future of robotics with us as we scale production. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone with a hands-on background to build and test sophisticated robots in a high-growth environment. All robot assembly, testing, and R&D occurs at our San Mateo HQs.
What you’ll do:
- Perform assembly and repair of electro-mechanical and other assemblies
- Read and interpret written documentation, engineering schematics, circuit diagrams, etc. for the purpose of product assembly and quality control
- Closely follow, update, and help create assembly and testing documentation
- Collect, record, analyze and discuss data and problems captured during production with the engineering team
- Work from formal and informal written/verbal instructions, specifications, technical manuals, and engineering sketches
- Brainstorm, discuss and help implement product and process improvements for production robots
- Assist engineering test team in running functional test scripts at the component, sub-assembly, and full robot system level
- Collaborate with the engineering team to optimize mechanical part designs and software test scripts for ease of manufacturing and assembly
- Assist the Operations team with tracking inventory and repairing/maintaining field robots at HQ
What you need:
- High school degree or equivalent and 1-2 years of related experience
- Professional experience with electromechanical assemblies
- Professionally trained as an assembler or production technician at an OEM/ODM/CM
- Prior experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and documentation
- Ability and desire to accurately follow detailed verbal and written instructions, even under minimal supervision
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Highly organized, with unwavering attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fast-learner and self-starter who can also work effectively on a diverse team
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google cloud-based applications
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize different projects and workload
- Curious, eager, and fun-loving individual with a desire to learn something new every day
- Passionate about new technologies and excited about robotics
- Comfortable lifting up to 50 lbs
- Experience building robots, computers, EVs, or similar in an ESD-safe work environment
- Software experience related to Linux, Arduino, Python, or Django
- Experience using CAD to interpret 2D/3D models (CREO, SolidWorks, or Fusion)
- Technical Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering Technology, or a related discipline
- Standing or walking indoors over two-thirds of the time
- Frequent bend/stoop, push/pull, arm and wrist, and reach above shoulder movements
- Exposure to stored energy hazards (electricity, compressed gases, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.