Freelance Senior Client Engagement Manager
New York, NY /
CO:COLLECTIVE – Client Engagement /
co:collective is a creative and strategic transformation partner for purpose-led businesses. We’re led by our deep belief that today's most successful organizations must have an underlying purpose, one that is so central to their identity it influences everything they do, from how they show up in the world to how they organize internally.
At co: we help our clients define that purpose and then help them bring that purpose to life in their stakeholder experience. We bring purpose to life inside organization through aligning purpose to practice - organizational design, culture design, change design and leadership coaching. Outside the organization, we bring purpose to life across the customer experience -- brand identity, products (digital and physical), services, experiences and content.
We strive to be embedded in our clients’ businesses. We do not wait for our clients to come to us with problems or challenges to turn into creative briefs. We are constantly working with clients to identify challenges and opportunities - and working with them to take action.
The co: community is deeply committed to continuing to build a diverse and inclusive workplace for all to thrive. We value and honor those with different backgrounds, unique perspectives, and believe that inclusive organizations build better teams and produce better work. We are a people-centered business that creates safe spaces, leads by example, and seeks to make a positive impact on the world.
A hybrid strategic relationship manager, business leader, and creative process pro. You’re at your best when leading multidisciplinary teams to build business innovations from inception to completion, with the ability to exhibit both big-picture strategic thinking and attention to minute detail.
Reporting into the Head of Client Engagement, this role works closely with co:’s seasoned executives and C-Suite clients to build and grow their business. This person must be the center of gravity to drive that growth, recognizing short and long term opportunities for our business and our client’s business. Poised and the epitome of a team-player, always keen to roll-up your sleeves and add value when opportunities arise.
You'll work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on multiple clients to define overall brand strategy, offering pipeline and positioning, go to market plans, and more.
Who you are
You have mastered running well-operated, fast-paced projects, and are flexible and adaptive when changes arise while also being a master of planning and organization. You are a pro communicator, well-versed at balancing the nuances of keeping a team on track while helping clients see through the trees.
You have experience in an Account Supervisor or Account Director role in a creative company, (digital experience a plus) and are comfortable going from uber project manager keeping everything and everyone on track, to playing a critical role as a sounding board for C-Suite clients looking to talk through strategic and creative business problems.
Nimble, adaptable, dynamic, and sharp, are just a few of the words others have used to describe you, but you’re way too humble to use them yourself. You’re excited to work in a non-traditional environment, where the creative takes on many forms. You think of your workplace as more than a workplace; it’s a community. One that has Thanksgiving dinner together, celebrates big wins with champagne, is borderline nutty when it comes to the Halloween contest, brings their outside passions in for others to support, and truly supports each other to grow.
What you’ll do
co: is a fast-paced, collaborative environment, which requires wearing many hats. Below are some responsibilities you can anticipate:
- Develop a thorough understanding of our client’s business - from mastering the competitive landscape to having insight into their business strategy, you’ll be privy to what makes the organization successful and our role in catalyzing its growth.
- Conduct, compile, and present intel reports developed based on your findings.
- Develop a high-level understanding of program management: the people, processes, and tools needed to get the job done in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide day-to-day project management support to Client Engagement Leads.
- Participate in internal and client meetings and provide detailed, clear, actionable reports.
- Update status and client reports, track milestone achievement, and help quality-control deliverables.
- Facilitate administrative responsibilities as necessary for key meetings (meeting prep, confirming attendees, video/conference call logistics).
- Build impactful internal relationships.
What you’ve done
- Have 5-8 years experience as an Account Supervisor or Client Services Director within a brand strategy, advertising, creative, product, or communications agency.
- Honed your communication skills (verbal and written); you have a confident and polished presentation manner and are comfortable interfacing with senior level stakeholders.
- Proven experience as a team player and collaborator, understanding how to work with multidimensional teams across a multitude of disciplines.