Software Engineer (all levels)
Remote or Seattle, WA /
Code.org is hiring for several software engineering roles and considering candidates of all experience levels. based in Seattle, but several team members are remote; remote candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Are you passionate about computer science and education? Code.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to growing participation in computer science by making it available in more schools and increasing participation by young women and underrepresented students. Our vision is that every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science. We believe computer science should be part of the core curriculum, alongside other courses such as mathematics, biology, chemistry, or algebra!
As a Software Engineer at Code.org, you’ll join a team delivering software products and operating services used by tens of millions of students and teachers in K-12 classrooms around the world. As a member of our small engineering team, you will own projects and build features end to end, and work on exciting technical challenges using some of the latest web technologies. You will work with your team, product managers, and curriculum writers to build accessible and engaging user experiences. You will ship software regularly while maintaining excellent live site availability. You will contribute to an inclusive, growth-focused, and collaborative team culture!
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for our mission of growing access to computer science education
• Experience working independently on software projects, including the ability to break down project work into smaller features and communicate status updates effectively
• Experience supporting a production high-scale web-based software product or service
In addition, candidates:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Must pass a pre-employment background check
Your application should include a resume and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience demonstrate the qualifications of the position.
WHAT IS THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LIKE?
Step 1: Informational (30 minutes) - learn more about the role and share your experience
Step 2: Technical Assessment (Paired interview, 1 hour) - Coding: General
Step 3: Full Interview Loop & Meet the Team (4 paired interview + 1 hour break, 5 hours total)
• Coding: Problem Solving
• Coding: Data Structures
• Coding: Design
• Code Review
Each interview will include a behavioral question and additional time for the candidate to ask questions
Step 4: Final Interview with CTO (1 hour)
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually via Google Meet
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
• Flexible, engaging working environment
• Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and 'winter break' office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years.
• Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
• Option to participate in 403b retirement savings plan
• Annual professional development stipend
• The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.