Join Codecademy's growing design team and help create the best educational experience online.
Have you ever contemplated how design can change the way people learn online? Are you passionate about user-centered design? Do you have an avid appetite for brand design, illustration, advertising, and creative campaigns? We’re looking to hire a Brand Lead to help us push the Codecademy brand in new ways to connect with our learners and expand our global reach.
As the first Brand Designer on our team, you’ll help to define Codecademy’s visual language, illustration style, and so much more. From concept to execution, you'll lead branding, creative campaigns, marketing pages, community support, performance ads, and beyond.
Design is at the core of our company and product. In our diverse and growing team we look for designers who are thoughtful, reflective, articulate, and empathetic to the millions of learners we serve.
Your work will reach and empower millions of people worldwide to learn how to code and create something. Together, we can redesign education and create the best online learning experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with product designers to ensure external communications work seamlessly with the in product experience
- Define and maintain brand guidelines and visual styles used in communications materials
- Lead development of digital assets including website, blog, newsletters, digital ads, and video
- As the company grows, build out and manage the Brand Design Team
- Extensive experience working in an agency or in-house for a product driven company
- Strong foundation in typography, color, illustration, layouts, and concept ideation
- Track record of successfully art directing and managing creative campaigns
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, growth-based, metrics-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.