Director of Marketing Acquisition
Codecademy has helped over 26 million people learn to code. Join one of the most exciting technology companies in New York that is poised to disrupt the way we learn.
Millennials are highly-educated, tech-literate, and mission-driven. Yet seven years after the great recession ended, nearly half of young university grads are underemployed, meaning they aren’t working jobs that require a degree. And the situation has only recently begun to improve. This year US students will graduate with $37,000 in debt, only to accept unpaid internships and part-time jobs.
Meanwhile, software is eating the world, disrupting first media, publishing, and entertainment, and now food, transportation, and travel, creating millions of new technology jobs that companies are eager to fill. By 2020 there will be a shortage of 1 million more tech jobs than computer science grads.
We can be the bridge.
We can help this generation gain the skill to fill these jobs and enjoy happier, more fulfilling careers. Join us.
Are you a quantitative marketer who wants to impact millions of people on the regular? Are you a geek who has tried learning to code on your own? In this role you'll exercise your full range of strategic, analytical, and creative skills to help thousands of learners every day.
Role & Responsibilities
- This role is a foundational hire for Codecademy. You’ll be the most senior marketer on the team and have the opportunity to make a large impact.
- Build paid advertising channel and manage to revenue and CAC targets.
- Grow and optimize Codecademy’s SEO channel.
- Lead marketing launches for new courses across website, email, and paid advertising.
- Build an acquisition team during your first six months.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive forecast model for Codecademy’s growth.
- Partner with product team to optimize on-site conversion, free user retention, and conversion from free learners into paid offerings.
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve our processes and methodology.
- Strive for analytical excellence maximizing return and increasing efficiency.
- At least 5 years of user acquisition and digital consumer marketing experience with a focus on developing / optimizing marketing programs.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with SQL.
- At Codecademy, an interest in learning to code is required.
- Experience at medium- or late-stage startups.
- Experience in freemium online services or consumer SaaS businesses.
- Experience with BI tools like Looker.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.