Do you want to help the next generation of kids learn how to code? CodeCombat is looking for a remote Account Executive to join our high-energy startup. This is a great opportunity for someone who values working remotely, maintaining a flexible schedule, and interacting with customers and stakeholders (teachers, administrators, and students). Our Account Executives have high mobility into other sales roles and/or growth within their current role.
Who We Are
CodeCombat is seeking to reinvent the way that computer science is taught in the classroom. We’re focused on gamifying the classroom experience to create a more effective and engaging environment for children that are learning computer science. In other words–we teach coding with video games! Our programming games are sold to schools around the world where students are able to learn and play in a classroom setting.
We are a small, tight-knit team dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work that is inclusive and diverse. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. Most of our team members are remote workers–some of which are distributed worldwide.
What You'll Do
- Plan and organize area coverage for assigned lead territory with high velocity lead generation activities, including but not limited to email campaigns and outbound calling
- Research and target relevant school districts using Salesforce.com and Outreach.io
- Learn and demonstrate our web-based computer science platforms, CodeCombat and Ozaria, to new prospective customers
- Conduct timely follow-up on opportunities from our Sales Development Representatives
- Consult with customers to identify their needs and align them with solutions and services
- Work full cycle deals from demo to close, including contract negotiations
- Manage prospecting status, data integrity, and forecasting in Salesforce.com
- Achieve weekly/monthly sales targets (new contacts, appointments and pipeline, wins, etc.)
Who You Are (required)
- 2-3 years of inside sales or sales development experience preferably in a SaaS environment
- Comfortable learning new programs quickly
- Team player (camaraderie and team spirit is the name of the game around here)
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Salesforce experience
Bonus Points (nice to have, but not required)
- Strong passion for sales and sales processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment to accomplish mutual tasks and goals
- Strong knowledge of the educational technology market with a targeted focus on computer science tools
Please include an informal cover letter with your application and include why you are interested in this role.
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.