Senior Software Engineer
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own websites and games. We continually research, experiment and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide.
We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with a generous amount of vacation.
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer.
Use your engineering expertise to help build amazing new learning and gaming experiences for our students!
CodeCombat is a client-heavy web app that combines educational tools and a HTML5 game. You'll find yourself working in all parts of the stack, from tweaking the Game UI for a new level type to updating the backend performance for our teacher dashboard. Additionally, there are many opportunities to lead significant engineering efforts as we grow the team.
- Collaborate with team members to design and improve existing features and ship new ones
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Lead technical discussions and drive technical decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience as an engineer in a team environment
- Experience building complex web applications or a willingness to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in U.S.