Director of Inside Sales
Do you want to help the next generation of kids learn how to code? CodeCombat is a platform for students to learn computer science while playing through a real game. The ultimate vision is to evolve education through game-based learning to help reach more people with a more effective computer science learning tool. This Series-A-stage startup is hitting its stride and needs someone great to help mentor and build a successful sales team.
We are looking for a motivated sales leader with a strong track record and a value-driven approach. The ideal candidate will have strong sales management experience and proven experience in strategy and execution to achieve success. This role will manage the sales organization, create and implement process, and be accountable for a large portion of the company’s overall revenue.
Who We Are
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science by using real programming languages to play an adventure game. We help students learn how to write functions in order to control their ‘hero’ avatar, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and ultimately code their own websites and games. We continually research and experiment with new ways to combine gaming and education so kids can learn computer science with a smile on their face, all while building the #1 job skill in terms of new wages.
We are a small, tight-knit team passionately educating millions of students worldwide. We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work with an inclusive work environment and a happy and productive culture. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with unlimited vacation, flexible working hours, great benefits, and an office in the heart of San Francisco.
What You’ll Do
- Manage, train, and coach an inside sales team (5 reps and growing)
- Manage each rep’s pipeline and the company forecast
- Participate in prospecting, discovery, and advancement on key deals
- Represent customer voice in a cross functional stakeholder team to improve revenue growth
- Level up our sales processes to more effectively sell at the district level
- Manage sales hiring and grow the team as needed
Who You Are
- Proven track record of success selling into K-12 institutions at the school and district level
- 4+ years of experience managing a quota-carrying sales team
- People-focused: motivational coach and trainer with the ability to build positive and productive working relationships
- Sales and revenue focused: in-depth knowledge and experience in sales methodology with excellent closing and negotiation skills
- Outstanding communication and mentorship skills
- Understanding of and exposure to P&Ls and financial management
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility with a high degree of perseverance and passion
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer. U.S. work authorization required.