China General Manager
CodeCombat, the best way to learn programming for kids, is searching for a visionary, entrepreneurial China General Manager to lead CodeCombat’s expansion into China and build CodeCombat’s Chinese team from Beijing. You will lead the launch of CodeCombat operations in China and directly manage the execution of key growth initiatives and partnerships in the mainland. CodeCombat’s San-Francisco-based team will provide full support as we work together to bring the best game-based coding education platform to the largest education market on the planet.
The Opportunity: build & grow a unicorn coding education company in China
- Key Strategic Partnerships: extend and optimize current distribution and strategic partnerships and drive growth through new partnerships with large education players to capture the China market.
- Develop China Market Strategy & KPIs: lead the development of the China market strategy and key KPIs for market segmentation and growth.
- CodeCombat China Team: recruit your dream team in Beijing and maximize the performance of the China team on key growth metrics.
- Partnership with SF Headquarters: maximize the full support you receive from CodeCombat’s Chinese-speaking CEO and San Francisco Business Development lead.
- Oversee all China operations.
You: an entrepreneurial leader passionate about the future of education in China
- Are fluent in both Chinese and English
- Have extensive business development and deal negotiation experience and a strong network of contacts, preferably in the education space
- Are exceptional in navigating Chinese business culture, while working in partnership with an American startup headquarters.
- Have a deep hunger for ownership, operational freedom, and impact in the business
- Want to make a positive contribution to the future of education
- Have experience building and managing fast-growing teams
- Some coding background
- Experience working in the Chinese education industry
- An understanding of the China training school and public school markets
As China’s education market shifts towards the skills that will be needed for the next generation, with the Chinese national government announcing the addition of Python to the national college entrance examinations, there is now a rush for every student in China to get access to quality Python coding instruction at every age. CodeCombat provides the world's best coding education for children 8-18 years old and is the only scalable way for kids to learn Python without an expert computer science teacher.
Will you be the one to lead the next big education success in China? Let’s talk.