Partnership Development Lead (China)
CodeCombat is searching for a talented and entrepreneurial leader to head business development in Beijing. Have you ever wanted to work in the burgeoning e-learning industry? This is a super exciting opportunity to introduce our game-based computer science education platform to China in order to serve students, teachers and parents.
Who We Are
Do you want to help the next generation of kids learn how to code? CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science by using real programming languages to play an adventure game. We help students learn how to write functions in order to control their ‘hero’ avatar, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and ultimately code their own websites and games. We continually research and experiment with new ways to combine gaming and education so kids can learn computer science with a smile on their face.
We are a small, tight-knit team passionately educating millions of students worldwide. We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, flexible working hours, and attend coding teaching cause activities.
What You'll Do
- Lead the development of new partnership channels with key education players–training schools, private schools and international schools
- Generate channel development strategy & KPIs
- Lead the sourcing, pitching and closing of deals with a quota target
- Manage customer requests and expectations to drive customer success
- Together with our China GM, help to build an agile and top-notch team and a transparent, motivated, and customer-first culture
- This role will start as individual contributor and will lead a small team in the future as the new partner development team grows
Who You Are
- Demonstrate strong leadership, ownership and passion for education
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English
- Exceptional at navigating Chinese business culture while working in partnership with a San Francisco start-up
- Possess a strong understanding of the Chinese education market, including training schools, public schools and other platforms
- 5+ years of experience in marketing/sales/business development with a strong record of success
- "Customer first" mindset and strong motivation to solve customer problems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with different teams to deliver impactful results
- Some coding experience or education industry background is a plus
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer.