Curriculum Development Lead
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own websites and games. We continually research, experiment and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide.
We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with a generous amount of vacation.
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer.
Leverage your passion for STEM education and game-based learning to help thousands of computer science teachers across the world. You will drive pedagogical strategy across CodeCombat to improve educational outcomes on our platform, working closely with the product manager and game designers to find the balance between learning and fun. You’ll help define what it means to be on the forefront of K-12 computer science education, evangelizing the importance of a impact-focused and inclusive approach to computing, as well as help ensure our offerings are aligned to existing standards.
- Drive education strategy across the company to improve learning outcomes
- Provide insight from an educational perspective on our product roadmap
- Analyze efficacy feedback (both quantitative and qualitative) and recommend curricular improvements
- Evangelize our game-based approach to teachers online and in-person at conferences
- Design curriculum and teaching materials to support in-classroom use
- 3+ years of in-classroom experience teaching middle or high schoolers, ideally in a Math, Science or Technology subject
- Experience writing syllabi and curriculum to meet various computer science standards
- Experience with Hour of Code or similar coding initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative on projects and keep customer empathy top of mind
- Authorized to work in U.S.