Lead Curriculum Developer
CodeCombat is looking for a Lead Curriculum Developer to join our education startup. If you have experience with curriculum writing, education technology, and working in schools, we want to hear from you!
We’re hiring for a variety of curriculum development roles and experience levels. We encourage you to apply even if this listing doesn’t exactly match your background.
Who We Are
CodeCombat is seeking to reinvent the way that computer science is taught in the classroom. We’re focused on gamifying the classroom learning experience to create a more effective and engaging environment for students. In other words–we teach coding with video games! Our games CodeCombat and Ozaria are played in classrooms around the world.
We are a small, tight-knit team dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. Many of our team members are distributed worldwide.
What You'll Do
- Drive education strategy across the company to improve learning outcomes and teacher experiences
- Develop and review content for game-based learning experiences
- Develop and review curriculum and teaching materials to support classroom teachers
- Collaborate with game design and art teams to improve content production processes
- Provide insight from an educational perspective on the product roadmap
- Provide mentorship to curriculum developers
Who You Are
- Ed tech/project management experience
- Experience with school systems and/or curriculum pathway design
- Curriculum writing experience
Bonus Points (nice to have, but not required)
- Experience with CS educational technology
- Experience driving educational strategy
- Experience teaching CS at a middle school level
- In-depth computer science knowledge (CS degree, coding bootcamp, self-taught programmer)
- Experience with designing or delivering professional development
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.