Ever wanted to work on games or education? Why not do both! CodeCombat is looking for an experienced engineering leader to help build our next-gen learning platform as well as guide our friendly and efficient engineering team.
Who We Are
Do you want to help the next generation of kids learn how to code? CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science by using real programming languages to play an adventure game. We help students learn how to write functions in order to control their ‘hero’ avatar, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and ultimately code their own websites and games. We continually research and experiment with new ways to combine gaming and education so kids can learn computer science with a smile on their face.
We are a small, tight-knit team passionately educating millions of students worldwide. We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with unlimited vacation and flexible working hours.
What You'll Do
- Provide strong technical and organizational leadership to drive engineering
- Communicate early and often, building a culture of trust and collaboration
- Support the professional development of each direct report
- Be responsible for the team's technical strategy and roadmap – create success metrics and prioritize the team’s work in close collaboration with other teams
- Ensure our site (JS end-to-end) is up and issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Make individual contributions to engineering projects
Who You Are
- Have managed a team of engineers directly, setting a technical strategy and roadmap in close collaboration with other teams
- Significant technical experience, expertise and passion for web development
- Ability to gather product & business requirements, gut check new ideas and proposals
- Clearly articulate desired outcomes that motivate simple solutions to complex problems
- Have excellent communication skills and can demonstrate the ability to collaborate with engineers as well as other disciplines to deliver impactful results
- Proven track record driving technical advances, reducing tech debt and making significant improvements to systems
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer. U.S. work authorization required.