Customer Support Specialist
CodeCombat is looking for a Customer Support Specialist who wishes to make an impact through educational games. You should enjoy communication, be technical, empathetic, and possess exceptional problem-solving skills. As a remote position, you should thrive in a non-micromanaged environment and embrace a collaborative attitude.
Who We Are
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science by using real programming languages to play an adventure game. We help students learn how to write functions in order to control their ‘hero’ avatar, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and ultimately code their own websites and games. We continually research and experiment with new ways to combine gaming and education so kids can learn computer science with a smile on their face.
We are a small, tight-knit team passionately educating millions of students worldwide. We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with unlimited vacation and flexible working hours.
What You'll Do
- Quickly address customer inquiries via email, Intercom, and other online methods using excellent interpersonal skills
- Utilize customer feedback and trends to identify improvements for user interfaces, anticipating potential conflicts of proposed product design changes
- Discover and document customer pain points to advance current support procedures
- Research and reproduce customer issues using internal knowledge base
- Leverage technical experience to identify and troubleshoot issues, escalating potentially serious issues to the product team
- Communicate with key team members on common or critical issues, assisting in the resolution of technical roadblocks
Who You Are
- Minimum 2 years customer support experience required (Ed tech experience is a plus)
- Technical background with knowledge of basic programming or scripting
- Aptitude for communicating technical issues to customers with broad expertise levels
- Ability to manage own workflow remaining on top of tasks from a remote location
- Familiarity working with cross functional teams (Engineering, Product Managers, Sales)
- Growth minded with a commitment towards individual and organizational advancements
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer. U.S. work authorization required.