Senior Game Designer
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own websites and games. We continually research, experiment and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide.
We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with a generous amount of vacation.
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer.
Build engaging learning experiences for our students by leveraging your game design expertise!
You’ll own high-level game strategy, working closely with the product manager and education lead to prioritize improvements to the core game while balancing efficacy and engagement. You’ll collaborate with other game designers on designing levels to teach new concepts, or writing specs for new learning experiences that require updated game mechanics or content. You’ll lead design discussions, and articulate and evangelize goals, reasoning and impact to the team and other stakeholders to ensure alignment and buy-in.
- Drive the design and creation of game content and features
- Communicate strategy and plans to stakeholders
- Optimize existing levels and content progression from concept to concept
- Advance game design best practices and processes
- 4+ years experience as game designer in a team environment
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Ability to document and present design process
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience using analytics to inform design decisions
- Authorized to work in U.S.