CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own websites and games. We continually research, experiment and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide.
We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with a generous amount of vacation.
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer.
Build engaging learning experiences for our students by leveraging your game design expertise!
You’ll design levels to teach new computer science concepts, iterating through feedback and analytics to optimize student learning outcomes. You’ll collaborate with the product team on new game mechanics and game content to improve engagement and efficacy.
You’ll contribute to team projects that affect game components, such as designing levels to teach new concepts, new learning experiences that require updated game mechanics or content. You’ll also help improve game-specific areas, such as improving existing content or introducing new game mechanics.
- Design and implement game content such as levels, heroes, and items
- Optimize existing levels and content progression from concept to concept
- Communicate strategy and plans to team stakeholders
- 2+ years experience designing and creating games
- Ability to document and present design process
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience using analytics to inform game design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Authorized to work in U.S.