Head of Operations (China)
CodeCombat is searching for a talented and entrepreneurial leader to build our China operations team in Beijing. Have you ever wanted to work in the burgeoning e-learning industry? This is a super exciting opportunity to introduce our game-based computer science education platform to China in order to serve students, teachers and parents.
Who We Are
Do you want to help the next generation of kids learn how to code? CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science by using real programming languages to play an adventure game. We help students learn how to write functions in order to control their ‘hero’ avatar, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and ultimately code their own websites and games. We continually research and experiment with new ways to combine gaming and education so kids can learn computer science with a smile on their face.
We are a small, tight-knit team passionately educating millions of students worldwide. We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, flexible working hours and attend coding teaching cause activities.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the operations of the CodeCombat team
- Create and execute operations strategy including product localization and optimization, sales and marketing initiatives, and customer success
- Develop customized course program for China (levels, price and training package, etc.) to fulfill different needs from strategic partners
- Source an agile and top-notch operations team and a transparent, motivated, and customer-first culture
- Support existing partnership optimization and new partner acquisition, closing, on-boarding and renewal
Who You Are
- Demonstrate strong leadership, ownership and passion for education
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English
- Exceptional at navigating Chinese business culture while working in partnership with a San Francisco start-up
- Strong understanding of the Chinese education market including training schools, public schools and other internet platforms
- 8+ years of experience in operations, product development, marketing and sales, and people management
- The ability to clearly articulate desired outcomes that motivate simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills; can demonstrate the ability to collaborate with different teams to deliver impactful results
- Some coding experience or education industry background is a plus
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer.