Sales Development Representative
CodeCombat makes a computer science class in a box for grades 4-12, using game-based learning to engage all students with advanced, personalized learning. We sell to schools and districts who need to offer computer science classes but don't have certified computer science teachers to do it (which is pretty much all of them).
School districts are scrambling to offer computer science classes to all of their students as a core subject. They have had no solution, because they can't afford to hire enough programming teachers – until now. CodeCombat's Classroom product lets teachers with no prior programming experience teach full computer science classes by providing all the curriculum, assignment, assessment, and classroom management tools. Things are changing from "almost no schools offer CS" to "almost every school offers CS" over the next few years. It's a hair-on-fire problem for our customers, and CodeCombat is the water.
We have more inbound demand from schools and districts than we can possibly handle (think 100+ new teachers daily) and are getting an overwhelming response to our outbound sales efforts. We need you to join our high-performing sales team by taking on and qualifying outbound leads for our Account Executives. You would be prioritizing, emailing, and securing calls with leads, qualifying (and disqualifying) opportunities, and passing them to your account executive teammates to advance and close the deal.
- Qualify outbound leads: determine who is (and isn’t) a good opportunity to pass to an account executive while identifying their needs
- Fairly spread opportunities across the team
- Contribute to all functions involved in the sales cycle, including forecasting, reporting, CRM data organization, customer communications, and creating sales campaigns
- Follow and improve our sales processes
- Communicate customers’ product feedback back to our team
- Promptly handle customer inquiries or redirect to support as needed
- Represent CodeCombat at conferences
- Meet monthly sales-qualified-lead quotas
- 1 year in a sales-related role
- Great communication skills
- Prior experience sending outbound emails
- A positive attitude
- Able to start quickly