Senior Frontend Engineer
CodeCombat is building a new way for kids to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students go from simple function calls, to implementing complex game strategies, all the way to building their own websites and games. We continually research, experiment and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide!
We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with a generous amount of vacation and team activities to encourage time away from your screen. As a small growing startup, everyone has an outsized role in helping guide how we build out our vision; your contribution will have major effects on how we grow as a team.
CodeCombat is a client-heavy web app that balances educational tools and a HTML5 game. You’ll use your extensive experience with web technologies to manage complexity as we continue to build out new features and improve existing ones.
- Collaborate with team members to improve existing features and ship new ones
- Drive frontend engineering excellence across the team
- Work with designers to research and improve our UX
- Mentor other engineers on writing good client code and navigating our client infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience as a Frontend engineer in a team environment
- Experience building complex web applications
- Strong UX and design sensibilities
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Authorized to work in U.S.