San Francisco / Remote
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own websites and games. We continually research, experiment and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide.
We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with a generous amount of vacation.
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer.
You know how to teach, how to write, how to code, and how to be an effective member of a creative team. You are naturally able to take another’s point of view and to explain complex ideas in a way anyone can understand. You want to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative team of creative professionals on a mission to make a difference for kids.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and updating computer science and programming instructional content for middle school and high school students and teachers with special attention to content standards, instructional alignment, and student engagement. This includes contributing to the design of engaging new product features as well as writing, reviewing, revising, and editing lessons, videos, game levels, interactives, and assessments.
- Research, design, and develop new engaging curriculum materials for middle school and high school computer science students and teachers, including lesson plans, assessments, videos, and interactives
- Review, revise, and edit existing curriculum materials for developmental appropriateness, clarity, engagement, and alignment to objectives
- Review and revise curriculum scope and sequence to align to K-12 computer science standards
- Collaborate closely with Education, Game Design, and Product teams to develop clear and engaging multimedia instructional features, serving as the voice of the expert computer science teacher
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years of classroom teaching experience, preferably in grades 5-12 computer science
- Proficiency in computer programming
- Experience in standards-based curriculum and/or assessment development
- Outstanding writing skills with an emphasis on clarity, precision, and organization
- Strong creative and analytical thinking skills
- Strong ability to give and receive productive feedback
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Highly motivated, high-energy self-starter
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to take risks
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams a plus
- Prior UX or LX design experience a plus