Senior Visual/UI Designer
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own websites and games. We continually research, experiment and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide.
We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance, with a generous amount of vacation.
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer.
As a visual designer, you’ll lead the development of style guides, design user interfaces and strike a balance between the educational and game components of the product. You’ll use your expertise and knowledge of typography, iconography, color and space to work closely alongside the product, marketing and sales teams, creating deliverables ranging from feature mockups to digital and printed collateral.
- Develop and maintain style and branding guide for CodeCombat materials.
- Work closely with product team to translate specs and UX designs into wireframes, user interfaces and mockups for features across our platform.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to ensure design consistency.
- Deliver high-quality user-facing materials such as printed teacher guides, marketing collateral, and pitch decks.
- 2 years’ experience in visual and UI design, with experience delivering wireframes, mockups and polished final assets.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or equivalent
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS fundamentals
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to balance multiple projects
- Knowledge and practice of user-centered design principles
- Strong communication skills, a can-do attitude and empathy
Nice to Haves
- UX design experience
- Illustration experience
- Front-end web development experience